Giovanni van Bronckhorst complains as Celtic lead intact

Celtic fans must have been very nervous after the Hoops dropped a couple of points against Hibernian, with the game finishing 0-0 as Ange Postecoglou’s side put in a very disappointing performance. They seemed to lack creativity and confidence, and in the absence of Giorgos Giakoumakis, appeared to be missing a focal point as well, and it is safe to say that it was an uninspiring display.

Celtic only had a three point lead coming into the game and as a result, most would have feared that it would be slashed to just one by the end of the matchday.

And for a good while, it looked to be headed that way too, as the Rangers were able to take a quick 2-0 lead against Motherwell. But after that, things did not go as Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s side would have planned, as the visitors scored twice in the second half and the game ended in a 2-2 draw.

After the game, Van Bronckhorst was not happy with some of the referee’s decisions on the day. As reported by The Scotsman, the Rangers manager said:

“We got three minutes extra time, which for me was unbelievable. Again it is the refs that decide it. I think with the build up to the second goal, the player (Shaw) was offside and we scored two goals which were even closer with Alfredo Morelos (which were ruled offside).

“You couldn’t see it with your eye and they had that really sharp eye in those moments. But when one player is one yard offside, they didn’t see it. That is why you need VAR, for these moments to help referees. With VAR, we would have won this game.”

Celtic handed the Rangers a lay up but they dropped the ball

For a couple of weeks, critics have claimed that Celtic are not playing well, just getting results, and it was not going to last forever.

Well, it did not, as Celtic could not manage anything more than a 0-0 draw against Hibernian away at Easter Road.

Thus, this provided the Rangers with a massive opportunity to not only cut down the gap but to also get some much needed momentum back on their side.

But it was not to be for them, as they allowed Motherwell to come back from 0-2 down to 2-2 and get a point against them.

This article was originally posted here

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *